Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Diaper Belt



Today I want to do "Show And Tell." I will both show you a Diaper Belt and tell you how it is used. My oldest daughter must be credited here, as she is the one who created the Diaper Belts I use. While I could make them myself, she was kind enough to do it for me, saving me the time and effort.

A Diaper Belt is nothing more than a piece of flannel, sewn as a casing with a bit of elastic threaded through it. It looks something like those little elastic headbands you see that are made for bald baby girls.

Here is a photo of Tommy wearing his diaper belt.

To use it for ECing, I simply put the Diaper Belt around his waist, take a prefolded cloth diaper folded in thirds and tuck into the Belt in front and back. When pottying the baby, I merely have to untuck the diaper from the belt in front and flip it out of the way.

4 comments:

  1. Do you use that under clothing when its cold out?
    It is a good idea and I think it would work well under the EC pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A way after thought
    Tommy looks a lot like TM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually he just wears a shirt and socks. We have to keep the house warm enough for him. However, we communicate well enough that I'm toying with making some split pants.

    ReplyDelete